Mandeville Operations Management Inc., an affiliate company is currently looking for a:
- Assist in the areas of securities, contract and corporate law. Litigation support may also be required from time to time.
- Draft correspondence, agreements, and corporate resolutions and other business filings.
- Compile and review all materials for Board Meetings of various corporate entities.
- Obtain and maintain extra-provincial registration across Canada for corporate entities including Canadian limited partnerships, Securities and/or Investment Dealer registrations and Insurance Agency registrations for Canadian affiliates and all individual registrations of directors, officers and all registrant agents of Canadian affiliates.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure proper registration/approval in any jurisdiction where business may be conducted.
- Assist with Due Diligence Committee meetings for new agent recruits for Canadian affiliates.
- Maintain corporate and individual registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and U.S. states for Canadian affiliates and agents.
- Renew Simplified Prospectus and Fund Facts, obtain comments from applicable departments and coordinate with outside counsel for filing on SEDAR as well as annual financial statements.
- Prepare or update Personal Information Forms as required.
- File interim financial statements, press releases and other applicable compliance requirements on SEDAR.
- Obtain and maintain IRS and Legal Entity Identification numbers for investment funds.
- Maintain minute books and share registers for Canadian affiliates.
- Liaise with Corporate Accounting Department on corporate insurance policy documentation and corporate audit inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for agent relationships within the Canadian affiliates.
- Prepare responses to questionnaires for multiple jurisdictions and regulators and fund auditors.
- Prepare reports and files related to complaint reporting in various provinces.
- Prepare continuous disclosure filings with securities regulators in Canada and the U.S.
- Prepare constating documents for new and existing Canadian companies and Limited Partnerships.
- Correspond with outside entities and legal counsel as required. Arrange for payment and tracking of legal invoices.
- Prepare and provide quarterly reporting on Canadian affiliates to the International Legal Department within the corporate conglomerate.
- Maintain tickler system for leases and contracts.
- Prepare and file EDGAR reports.
- Obtain various signatures from board members and/or officers in a timely manner.
- Prepare and file press releases.
- Provide assistance to the Compliance Departments of the Canadian affiliates for compliance monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces
- Commitment to Continuous Learning - Taking action to continuously learn in order to improve individual professionalism and effectiveness within the organisation
- Conceptual Thinking - The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related
- Expertise - The ability and motivation to expand and use technical knowledge or to distribute work-related knowledge to others
- Flexibility - The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Information Seeking - Driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- Bachelor’s degree/college diploma (law clerk/legal assistant)
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Experience in a law firm or in-house legal/compliance department
- Experience with SEDAR/SEDI/NRD/IARD and EDGAR filings
- Experience with Extra-Provincial Corporate Registrations
- Experience with various investment funds and cross border experience would be an asset
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Mandeville Operations Management Inc., we support diversity and equity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability.
p>We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.