Maintenance Crew Member
- Maintain plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems
- Participate in various projects such as painting, renovations, workstations changes
- Participate in regularly scheduled maintenance of mechanical rooms
- Liaise with building vendors to resolve equipment problems
- Clean the underground parking and maintain garage (using Rider-Sweeper-Scruber).
- Assist in the removal of snow and ice to ensure safe access to and exit from the parking areas and buildings
- Assist staff in various departments moving boxes and/or other heavy items
• Keep tool room organized and secure
• Various duties as directed by Property Manager.
- Achievement Orientation – A concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence;
- Analytical Thinking - Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc. by breaking it into smaller pieces;
- Concern for Order - Reflects an underlying drive to reduce uncertainty in the surrounding environment
- Customer Service Orientation - Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the customer’s or client’s needs;
- Flexibility - The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups;
- Initiative – The ability to identify a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and taking action in light of this identification to address current or future problems or opportunities;
- Teamwork and Cooperation -Works cooperatively with others, to be part of a team, to work together, as opposed to working separately or competitively.
- High School Diploma
- Certification or courses in appropriate trades
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- 3 - 5 years of experience in building trades, including carpentry, dry wall erection, plumbing, masonry, painting and HVAC management.
- Sound knowledge of building systems, basic building construction/maintenance and basic electrical construction and specifications.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Ability to work rotating day shifts
- On call availability
We respect the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If contacted for an interview, please inform us should any accommodation be required.
Qualified applicants should email resumes along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.